We picked some stats from last weekend’s Fast5 Netball World Serieswhich saw South Africa taking 5th spot.
* No player played more minutes than South Africa’s Phumza Maweni – a total of 144 minutes in six matches. It is 13 more than Jhaniele Fowler-Reid of Jamaica in 2nd place. Maweni was the only SA player who played more than 90 minutes. SA goal defence Fikile Mkhuzangwe’s 19 minutes was the third fewest of all the players.
* Deancke Rohde, goal shooter of South Africa, scored the joint 5th most goals (24 from 32 attempts) in the competition. Charmaine Baard (21 from 59) was joint 7th. Maryka Holtzhausen (16 from 39) and Renske Stoltz (16 from 36) ended joint 10th.
* Rhode’s success rate of 75% was the 3rd highest in the competition.
* Only two players scored more points than Baard’s 17 during the power play.
* Rohde scored the 4th most 1-point goals (23 from 26 attempts).
* Stoltz scored the 6th most two-point goals (14 from 31 attempts).
* Baard scored the joint 3rd most 3-point goals (6 from 27).
* England, who won the competition, had two players in the top-3 for the most 3-point goals.
* The SA captain, Lauren-Lee Christians, ended in 7th place for players with the most goal assists.
* Zanne-Marie Pienaar, goal defence, received the 5th most centre paces (26 times).
* Maweni’s five intercepts was the joint 4th most.
* Maweni created the 2nd most deflections (12).
* Rohde (7) managed the 6th most offensive rebounds.
* Maweni (17) caught the joint most defensive rebounds.
* Maweni was penalized the most times for contact (33) and blown the most (15) for obstruction.